Pewter is brushed nickel with a matte appearance and offers an excellent match to some brushed metal appliances. It can also react with its environment, however the finish can be restored using a Pewter pad. This is a lovely alternative to classic chrome if you desire a different look, but with a similar level of maintenance.
Perrin & Rowe tapware must be installed by a Licensed Plumber in accordance with the installation instructions provided, best trade practices and must comply to local plumbing regulations in your area. Incorrect installation may damage your tap and could invalidate your warranty.
Following the provided installation guide, please ensure your plumber uses clean hands or gloves when handling your products during installation. Once installed, ask your plumber to cover the fittings with a towel to avoid scratches and damage from debris, paint, solvents, silicone and commercial cleaning products.
CLEANING & CARE
Following a simple cleaning routine after use will maintain the beauty of your brassware, and preserve the warranty. Ideally, fittings should be dried with a soft cloth after each use. Clean regularly by dampening a microfibre cloth with warm water combined with a mild PH-neutral liquid soap, then polish with a soft, lint-free cloth to finish. Microfibre cloths are ideal as they are gentle but effective at cleaning brassware without scratching.
Pewter requires regular care, and it is important to dry this finish after use. A gentle patina may develop over time, which gives Pewter its distinctive classical look. Any mineral build up on the surface may be gently removed with a very light automotive polish (Autosol or similar) to restore the original finish. Pewter pads are available to gently brush the finish to restore its original matte appearance.
PEWTER FINISH WARRANTY
Perrin & Rowe brassware products are manufactured in brass by craftsmen in its factory in England. Some minor imperfections in the materials and finish are not defects but a feature of a handmade product. Pewter finish is warranted against manufacturing defects for five (5) years from the date of product purchase, and is not transferrable to a new owner.
The finish warranty is voided by:
- Damage to finishes which arises from installation or post installation use. Please follow the product installation guide for full instructions .
- Failure to observe and uphold Perrin & Rowe’s Care and Maintenance Guide.
- Damage to finishes caused by adhesives, sealants, paint or any solvents used to remove them.
- Damage to finishes due to unsuitable cleaning products or methods contrary to Perrin & Rowe’s Care and Maintenance guide. This includes abrasive, acidic, corrosive, alcohol-based and citrus-based cleaning solutions.
- Damage due to scouring of the metal finish by abrasive cloths, steel wool, dish brushes or scouring pads.